Monday, August 26, 2013

Short update

As with so many things, this project has grown.  I have decided that linen bobbin lace is necessary.  I had toyed with the idea of some punto in aria on the collars but I want something fairly uncomplicated (as that is what I see in the portraits) and the pattern I found that I liked the best was a small bobbin lace pattern.  I have found the thread to use (in stash, of course).

I will have to adjust the pattern to have a more period appearance.  Bobbin lace before 1650 always included a gimp, which is not a particular favorite style of mine, and is the reason I don't actually make much bobbin lace these days.  The adjustments shall be fairly quick and easy.

Today I plan to cut out camica and shirt.  Both will have blackwork on them.  I also need to cut out the new pair of bodies.

Next week, I hope, there will be new pictures.

No comments: